A tried and true lemon bar recipe that perfect for the food processor!
I’ve simplified my tried and true lemon bar recipe making it an ideas dessert to make with a food processor. It’s a great recipe for food processor newbies because it only has two steps and both involve basic food processor skills. And…they’re delicious!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 sticks butter, at room temperature
- Non-stick spray
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 by 13 by 2-inch baking pan with foil or parchment paper. Spray with non-stick spray.
- Make the crust by combining the flour, confectioners’ sugar, and salt in a food processor and process unto it becomes crumbly, about 30 seconds Cut in the butter to make a crumbly mixture. Press the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges and top are just beginning to brown.
- Meanwhile, to make the filling, mix the eggs, granulated sugar, powdered sugar flour, and lemon juice in a food processor until well blended, about 15-30 seconds. Pour this over the baked crust and bake for 25 minutes or until the top begins to brown and is slightly firm. Cool, dust without powdered sugar, remove from pan, cut and serve.