Add a little something sweet to your kids college care package!
Knowing what to include in the care packages I send to my daughter at college can be a little confusing. What I do know is that she likes when I include something I’ve baked along with the list of indispensable items she forgot at home. So for this years first care package I’ve included a batch of Simple Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. They’re the perfect treat to bridge the gap between “I miss home” and “I’m so glad not to be at home.”
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar plus 2 tablespoons for dusting
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line or spray 12 muffin cups. Combine egg, butter and milk and mix well. In a separate bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Gently fold dry gradients into wet. Add mashed banana and chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among muffin cups and bake for 30-35 minutes or until tops are beginning to brown and a pick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out cleanly. Cool before storing or serving.
Adapted from Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.