Yes, more muffins for my daughters college care package!
My daughter was a little nervous going through sorority rush for the first time as an active, so I went overboard baking for her college care package. I started with banana muffins, found chocolate chips, so I put those in. Then, the blueberries and lemons got my attention, so I went for it.
- 2½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sprinkling sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a 12-muffin tin with cupcake liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl and wet, including lemon zest, in another. Make well in center of dry ingredients and slowly mix in wet ingredients. Fold in blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly into the muffin cups and sprinkle the tops with sprinkling sugar. Put muffin tin in 425 degree oven, close the door and then reduce the temperature to 375. Bake for 25 minutes or until tops are beginning to brown slightly and pic inserted into center classifies comes out clean. Cool slightly before serving.
Adapted from Blueberry Lemon Muffins.